Thread: On Health
View Single Post
Old 02-14-22, 04:19 PM   #47
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Medcram'S Dr. Seheult on a new and bomb-proof study showing that Vitmaine-D (and to lesser degree Omega 3) helps to significantly redcue auto-immune diseases of various kind.

This is not specifically on Covid-19, but several different serious autoimmune diseases.

A very solid study design, very solid methodology, and high "n."

The conclusions on the positive effects sound not like much (although they are anything but small), but I want to remind of that the study used still very low doses of Vitamine D (2000 IU) and Omega 3 (1 gr) only, whereas many experts for both would say that the real therapeutical relevance starts at 4-6 thousand IU Vit-D and 2-3 gr EPA+DHA. I am very confident that higher doses than those they used would have shown a much higher effect over time, especially in case of Vit-D, because we know that the number of genes Vitamine D can activate and switch for the positive, does not rise just linear with increasing of doses but exponentially.

Also, both nutrients are interacting heavily with other nutrition supply status that they depend on to work best,. and depend on for resorbation. Apparently the study unfortunatey, like I see so often in ecotrophology, did not pay attention to this, so the nutrients supply status of the almost 29000 participants is unknown. Considering that these days the nutrition standard is not good, I absolutely would expect that if the other nutrients would have been optimized to interact best with the given Vit-D and Omega 3 doses, even these given low doses would have shown even better effects. Thats a theory I claim, but I think its a very well founded, reaosnable consideration thta almost recommends itself.

Nutrients of maximum interest for this study would have been Omega-6 status, Arachidon status, Magnesium, Calcium, Vitamine C, Vitamine A, and parat hormone (not a nutrient but an importan index) Then this good and solid study would have been even better.

The study I did not read, I trusted in Dr. Seheult to have summarized it correctly. Doing such things is the bread and butter of his lectures, isn't it.