Old 08-30-16, 12:45 PM   #8
cdrsubron7
Sink'em All

Downloads: 305
Uploads: 1

[QUOTE=l02turner;2430748]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 View Post
I run Win 10 64-bit and SH4 runs just fine. That's not your problem. Where do you have the game installed, what version are you playing?

Thanks for the reply! I had been installing in c\program files (x86) - where should I install it? I have a CD titled "Silent hunter Commander Edition" dated 2002, for Win95/98/Me. Not sure what version it is past that.

Also, I see the term "Steam" - what does that mean? Sorry if that's a dumb question.

When I install the program I install it as an Administrator.

I really appreciate the help!

LarryT

Hi Larry

First of all, Silent Hunter; The Commander's Edition is SH1. It's a DOS game and needs some special software to run under Win 10. You want Silent Hunter 4: The Gold Edition. This is v1.5 and the latest version. v1.5 is the version that all current mods are made for.

As for Steam, it is an online company that sells tons of games for PC. You pay a price and you can download the game to your PC and play.

Installation of SH4: GE is installed by default to C:/ProgramFiles(x86). It can be installed anywhere else on your c: drive or any other HD you might have on your computer. You can name your install any thing you want such C:SH4 if you want. Just remember where you install it.

If you need to purchase a copy of SH4: The Gold Edition you can find it here. just scroll down the page a little bit.

Head Deep and Keep'em Astern" - LtCDR Samuel D Dealy
SHIV Guide | Imperial Japanese Navy | US Submarines

cdrsubron7 is offline   Reply With Quote