View Single Post
Old 11-29-13, 06:42 PM   #9
kbosak
Swabbie

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 1

>Kobben manpads
>I'm slightly sceptical about the Grom on Kobben. Not entirely sure they'd ever use that operationally...
I would say the Kobbens themselves are hardly operational, they have maybe 50-75% of their original endurance on batteries.
On the other hand this manpads is just a tube that can be carried easily. It is highly probable
it will be issued to submariners in order to be able to kill a lone subhunter helo, it is so easy to get
into shallow sands somewhere in the baltic and stick your hull up in the air. I know this is not 2WW but this might make
a difference between death and life.

>Kobben sonars:
You know more in this case than me. I have only pointed to the article.

>Radars & OTH
>Hm yeah but there is surface ducting which allows radars to see beyond the horizon.
of course and this is included in the equation I gave you with 3.75*(sqrt(h1)+sqrt(h2))
for radar horison. An equation for optical horison has smaller coefficient, but this is something like 20% less
for most wavelength only. So the ducting is not same as multibouncing in which case it becomes OTH radar
but explain to me why should such radar from 1980 be so much powerful than say swedish Giraffe from 2010?
I am only asking where is the catch, that Russians has something better than all other nations in this subject of surface radars.
Maybe I have missed a huge topic.

>ESM and multi vs single radar enabling
>Our current implementation is a lot better than other sims like this but as you point out there are still some limitations. The human player can manually select what radars to use, but there are no AI logics to handle this. We'll look into this later on, but it is a very complex subject.
What I am trying to say, there might be a bug or 'absurdally powerful ESM' syndrome,
since playing in GOD mode I am observing how the ship can be seen from distance (who fires upon me),
and I swear, for two ships 200Nm apart, you can detect OHP by ESM no matter which radar it enables.
Worse, when you enable CRM-200 on type 206 Flaming, you get instant detection from sovremenny just around the hill 120km north-east from Gdansk, what is ridiculous.
since this radar is soemthign like 12NM range 1W (one watt peak!) power, with something like 0.1W under regular conditions.

>According to our sources the radar horizon is typically 20-30nm depending on sensor and contact height, and visual horizon is 15-20nm. So think our model is fairly good?
Looks very advanced! It might be interesting to enable editing altitude on generic radars (like for observation posts).
Maybe let's don't tweak in the area. Concerning first contact scenarios, it is sufficient to move the russians further north
at the beginning in order to remove general randomness of this scenario.

>Su-22M4
According to my best knowledge those are not carryign any guided missiles at the moment and it is doubtful
if they EVER had (this is about kedge/kerry/kyle toys).
Nothing guided being fired on their exercices ever landed in the press.
Now comes more delicate thing:
S-5K and S-8KO rockets differ by a factor of 4 in payload and seriously in penetration (57mm is said to be good for soft
vehicles and infantry, 80mm one is the smallest one good agains airstrips). In the game they both have roughly 1DP and this is unbalanced,
why use S-8KO in the game?

Personally I find a few details annoying during gameplay:
-cannot change aircraft Callsign once they are in a base, this makes difificult to make true-to-life names
-in many cases when trying to assign correct amoutn of stock ammo on airfields, it would be so much more convenient
to have max value+current value instead of being forced to select among 2/2 and 10000/10000 style mounts.
-you can destroy 3000m long airstrip with 3 batteries of Grad missiles just by putting it into fire.
no imagine salvo of 24 grad launchers killing entire Czerniakhovsk airbase. Makes no sense, they shoudl cover at best 3km2
of soft targets, while the base is 6km2 full of bunkers, trenches and uderground fuel dumps (Google Maps).
-MLRS launchers are not counted as single rockets. This is problematic: consider mlrs above 200mm,
Uragan in particular with 300mm. What happens you cannot interecept them in teh game due to special handling logic.
Net results you can take uragan and pick with 1-3 missiles as many single targets as you want and nobody will respnd with aa fire.
This is ridiculous, those rockets are in the size of anything that polish AA would be happy to fire even until lack of ammo.
-For artillery, arror is often given in % of azimuth and % of range, we have this data here or there so it coudl be implemented
-ammo logistics for US guided bomb munitions ammunitions is more complex as the guidance pods are attached to the iron bombs.
for example, Poles have ordered:
340 bombs Mk82
230 bombs Mk84
270 conversion kits making a bomb
Mk82 into GBU-38B/B (Mk82)
or
Mk84 into GBU-31B(V)1
270 conversion kits making a bomb
Mk82 into Paveway II
or
Mk84 into Paveway III

Therefore there is a mix of what can become what depending on targets, note that
MK84 is twice as heavy as Mk82 but less of the former are carried.
This creates completely irregular usage patterns.
For example all mk84 can become either laser or tv guided,
but there is not enough kits to do the same with MK82, and even if you make all MK84 as tv,
all MK82 must then become either laser or unguided.

-------

A few polish equipment reflecting reality of our defence agains russia.
Polish 122mm MLRS
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WR-40_Langusta
is polish modernized BM-21
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BM-21_Grad
using
fragmentation-HE rockets "Feniks" with 42km range
and
cargo rockets (DPICM? chocolates?) 32km.

This is important to simulate the fact we keep in check southern Kaliningrad airfields.

And then goeas 155mm L52 Krab howitzers
http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/AHS_Krab
http://www.militis.pl/bron-pancerna/...ubica-krab-dp1
is is said their range was specifiec in public order to be 40km and appears to have been confirmed

Last edited by kbosak; 11-29-13 at 06:54 PM.
kbosak is offline   Reply With Quote