View Single Post
Old 10-03-13, 12:08 PM   #25
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongel View Post
Thanks for the thoughts! I never got the bolded/hidden marking in Goblin.
If so, the bones you have added to the file are still visible

Quote:
I have to say I'm no ace with the GR2 editor, but I understand now that the DMG_col bone needs a mesh also, I mean that it should also be visible in the "meshes" menu. Just making the bone doesn't do anything (I studied the lifeboat.gr2 file).
It is as for dat units: each DMG_col node/bone requires a mesh to work. In native GR2 files, it is a low-poly copy of the visible mesh. Nonetheless, as you yourself teached me quite a long while ago, TDW discovered that on imported dat units the DMG_Col node could be linked to its respective main mesh, thus eliminating the need to import a whole new mesh. The same can be done with GR2 objects: you create a new bone, and then you link the appropriate mesh to it, through meshe's bone bindings (each mesh can accept more than one binding).

The only difference between S3d Editor and GR2 Editor on this respect, is that using the former you need to paste the Id of the linked model in node's 'Mode Id' field, whereas using GR2 Editor you need to select the name(s) of the linked bone(s) in meshe's bone bindings editor (right click on the mesh and select 'Edit bone binding(s)' to recall that window).

Quote:
I was following your method, but couldn't get through this:
There ends my skills with the editor. If we could make a new mesh, it would be relatively simple task, but now I'm out of ideas.
You don't have to. See my instructions above. I can do the needed changes to the GR2 file myself if you want, but if you prefer going on yourself don't hesitate asking for any further clarification you may need
gap is offline   Reply With Quote