View Single Post
Old 08-17-07, 11:27 PM   #28
panthercules
The Old Man

Downloads: 6
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Trucker
@panthercules There is no valid reason for the app to connect to the internet unless it is something in the .Net code that checks for updates (or some other vile Billyesque windows function). The only thing that comes to mind is that I did tell .Net what the requirements were for the app (.Net 2 being one of those) and it may be looking for the .Net framework if you don't have it installed already. Mine has never tried to access the internet, so this is a possibility.

Edit : Any way you could PM me the IP address that it was trying to connect with? That would give me an idea what it was doing. I'm thinking it probably is .Net or digital signature related.
Wish I could, but I can't seem to get McAfee to tell me anything about what the program was trying to do or where it was trying to go, and now when I try to fire it up again it just throws off errors with huge reports that it wants to send to Microsoft. I can't figure out how to copy the error report, but you can see part of it here:

Guess I'll have to wait for the next version and try again. I've got versions 1, 2 and 3 of the .NET stuff loaded up and fully updated for various other reasons, so it shouldn't need to go check for anything like that but maybe it's trying anyway.