View Single Post
Old 08-17-07, 09:21 AM   #22
Digital_Trucker
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 141
Uploads: 10

@panthercules There is no valid reason for the app to connect to the internet unless it is something in the .Net code that checks for updates (or some other vile Billyesque windows function). The only thing that comes to mind is that I did tell .Net what the requirements were for the app (.Net 2 being one of those) and it may be looking for the .Net framework if you don't have it installed already. Mine has never tried to access the internet, so this is a possibility.

Edit : Any way you could PM me the IP address that it was trying to connect with? That would give me an idea what it was doing. I'm thinking it probably is .Net or digital signature related.

@ Leo : Instructions and documentation are not my strong points, unfortunately. Sober's my boss, too. I'm more of a click this and see what happens kind of learner:rotfl:
@JScones 'preciate it.

@PULSEOX Glad you got it worked out. Thanks, Misfit, for helping out (and boosting your post count )

PULSEOXs problem caused me to think of something I should have added into the application to begin with. It would be very easy for my app to make sure that it is installed in the correct folder by checking for the existence of the game exe and tell the user that the program is installed incorrectly if it doesn't find it. I think I'll add that to the next version.

RSM-GIEP-Killflags-LV Tribute-Playable Elco __Peace be with you, Dave.

Last edited by Digital_Trucker; 08-17-07 at 09:31 AM.
Digital_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote