View Single Post
Old 04-16-23, 03:48 PM   #4680
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
That usually means that there is an Objective in the mis file, but that it is not properly linked (such as an Objective needs a MapZone, but the zone was left out of the Objective page). It can also be from building a mis file, and then later accidentally deleting the Objective... in either case, the game cannot find the Objective, but there is a mis file that it found. If you can open the file in the ME, then you'll be able to find the issue rather easily by comparing the Objective page and the first listed Primary Objective with the Language Localization, and looking at the "brief" for the various Objectives, and comparing those to the actual Objectives page. Or just run the "Validate Mission", and see if it give something useful. Sometimes though, the file will not open in the ME, and you'll have to use a text editor to hunt through the file with...
yeah, i did all of that with no joy. i asked just in case i couldn't remember one of those small, semi-important details that is a requirement to make this house-of-cards stand up.

i stripped the mission down to the objectives, and deleted the TSR, and started from scratch.
it.works.now.

this game never ceases to amaze me on its lack of cohesion. i mean look at all of the different ways that dates are handled. drives me nuts. n-v-t-s, nuts.

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote