View Single Post
Old 02-18-23, 02:56 PM   #4667
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 431
Uploads: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
First, make certain the artwork (O_BaseRedMrkr) is in the Terrain / MapLocations folder of the game. Your text font is set to Chalk, so you would probably want to change that to the "18" selection at the bottom of the drop-down list there (I cannot remember the name, but like "FP???18"), and you can also change the color of the text if desired. A big thing is your "zoom" levels. You have 20000 and 10 set. So you'll "see" it when zoomed way out, but not close in. The upper end would usually be 2000k and the lower would be 2, or 5 tops. That will change the figure required for Scale, with the 5 setting taking about 27.1 and the 2 taking about 10.8+. You'll have to experiment there, of course.
so....riddle me this, Boy Wonder:

How can the ME allow users to see a terrain option (O_BaseRedMarker.dds) if it is NOT stored with all of the other terrain files in the instance of SH4 that we are currently editing, namely TMO?

the answer is because the user forgot to change the shortcut properties of the ME to point to the TMO installation rather than FOTRSU installation.

madness!

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote