View Single Post
Old 02-03-23, 03:23 AM   #6
jimimadrid
spanish graphic guru

Downloads: 112
Uploads: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Wreckless View Post
I'm not understanding how the MenuMerger program is supposed to work. I downloaded it and read the manual, but still confused on the proper procedure on how to use it.

CW

Hi Cap,
the idea behind the menumerger is to replace individual lines in the menu_1024_768.ini file without replacing the entire menu_1024_768.ini with the JSGME each time. So you have the possibility to install individual things without overwriting old mods.
My question to you is:
Do you want to write your own files for the menumerger or just use existing ones?

Use existing Mods:
Install the Mod via JSGME. After this go to the MenuMerger and merge the Mods.

For own Mods:

In your Mod add a Folder named Menumerge.
Here you add an textfile with the ending ".ini" NOT ".txt"

In this textfile you need a main Section with following entries:

[Main] <- this is the name of the section
Name= blabla <- this is the name of the mod
target= Data\Menu\menu_1024_768.ini <- the target where the lines should be changed
Standalone=yes <- if no the user will be informed first to install the JSGME Mod
(Standalone Mods only change lines without additional graphics)
Description = Blabla <- the description is shown when the user klicks on the Mod in the Menumerge Application

Now you need the Section and the Lines to change

[G3F I74] <- this is the Section in the Menu_1024_768.ini
UGroup=G3F I1 ; Page layout <- this is the Mainsection of the changeable Section, will be needed for checks and for the possibility to change menu-_1024_768.ini where the numbers of the section has been changed.
Name=RadioIndicatorFuel <- the name of the section, will be also be used for above mentions
Zone= 525 52 21 48 0 1 0x3f01000d 0 0 0x3f01001f -0.54 1.08 0 0
Mat 0= Data/Menu/Skins/American/Gui/Layout/JM HUD.tga
Crop 0= 0.486238532110092, 0.21484375, 0.0192660550458716, 0.09375 <- the lines to change, in this case Zone, Mat 0 and Crop 0

Hope this helps to understand the way the Menumerger works.

PS:
An easy way to create this file is using my SH_MenuEditor application

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimimadrid View Post
I will provide you the latest version of my SH_Menu1024_Editor application, designed to easily edit the menu_1024_768.ini File.
It helps me a lot in replacing graphics in the Game. Specially cropping the images can do very easy.

Download:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/dow...o=file&id=6289

Hope this helps you. Take care the Application is yet in Beta version.

jimimadrid is offline   Reply With Quote