View Single Post
Old 01-20-23, 09:17 AM   #23
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

A hunt ion both Hunte rgames cna go very differfent from the one the day before. On one day you can walk around for an hour or two, and hear no calls and find no traces on the ground. On the next day you may find both easily, almost in extrmneis. So , this can vary extremely widely. I know thta many newcomers are turnbd away becasue it bores them so much to wal aroudn and do not see any animal at all. This is due to having ha da day wiht ba dluck, but also with scaring the animal off, maybe. Animal AI unfortunateky has many bugs.

Hints:

- many think the accoustic sensibility of animals is overdone, they spook too easily. I would disagree, but its a popular perception being talked of a lot.

- from a certain darkness level at sunset on, the graphical hints for traces on the ground will become invisible and will no longer be displayed if you do not use a torchlight. However, animals do not react to torchlights used, so no penalty from that.

- have a tent with you and ste it up before you end your session. You will in each reserve spawn to the next house or tent your were löoiacted to in your last session. If you want to cver gorund and nbot start always int beh same familia rpalces, you need a tent. (pick it up again before you walk of into the reserve when you start!).

- need zones actually do work.

There are no penalties for shooting animals with the wrong callibre (they call it ethical hunting), but you will have a reduction in money and score points. Animals and weapons are sorted into 9 different categories.

Bird hunt I find boring and nerve killing, i dont do it. All the many callers and rubber ducks and finding out how to use them (its not intuitive, I think) and then sitting still in place, and in groundblinds. In classic Hunter, this was the method to milk for coins, since all that stuff was needed in significant quantities and had to be bought via micro transactions.

No, perfect The Hunter world is not. But beautiful.

I will set up a post in the Hunter thread soon with a few links to some useful tables on animals, acivity times, and weapons. Give me half an hour.

edit:
Done.

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...&postcount=398

Last edited by Skybird; 01-20-23 at 09:54 AM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote