View Single Post
Old 01-08-23, 01:04 PM   #11
Oubaas
Frogman

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
I considered War Plan when it came out, but reviews mentioned its weak AI, that kept me away back then. Maybe it was chnaged meanwhile for the better?

Its been long time I played a classical hexfield cosim. The Operational Art of War III (strategic-operational level), and Flashpoint Campaigns (tactical level). Not Hexfield, but squares: Armoured Brigade. Recently, Flight Commander 2, also squares-based. Long Time ago: War in the East, the monster thing, you that one. That was overwhelming. Interesting, but not really enjoyable. I did not play the war to the end. It was more a warehouse management game. That may be realistic, war is logistics before anything else, but it is not what keeps me endlessly interested in a game.

Even longer time ago, many other cosims.
They may have improved the WarPlan AI. It seems adequate to me. I especially like WarPlan: Pacific.

I have War in the West, and want to pick up either War in the East or War in the East 2, not sure which to buy yet. I've also been looking at The Operational Art of War IV, and there's a relatively new one out called Attack at Dawn: North Africa that I'm considering.

Gary Grigsby's stuff takes some heavy dedication to the game. It's more like having a career than playing a game, LOL!

Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote