View Single Post
Old 08-16-22, 02:31 PM   #18
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Okay, my first impressions. I like it. Very. That means something, because usually I do not like RTS, its too hectic and too much work overload.

The world looks nice in this game. The letter size in the onscreen menu is way too small for me, in a bid to keep the interface small, though, but the general handling is good.

The general flow of what is happening is - AWESOME! I like it, it is plenty of fun, and has something very satisfying. Just do not mistake this with a realistic taccis simulator. Zooming and moving the camera after short time is intuitive, and fast, that allows to quickly get close to the action. And you want to be close to the action at times, because the action can look quite spectacular.

Several skirmish modes, plus several campaigns, apparently scripted. The AI I cannot really judge, I saw too little of it, but what I saw, looked good enough to add the playing value for single players - because there is no multiplayer. Later addons or increased map and unit lists are planned.

It indeed reminds of Armoured Bridgade, but is faster, more action loaded, looks better, has faster pace. Its indeed mobile battles, I found myself moving back and fourth with units a lot, reminded me a bit of fencing. Defe3nd, scoot in, and when he starts to fight back, evade, start new. Really, there is satisfactioin in arrnagign the ballet of platoons and small formations.

First hotfix came quick when they found they had a biggie of an issue on board, it took them less than an hour after release to take it down

I will stay with it, I like it. Thats an exception from the rule, I avoid RTS, usually. I prefer turn based, usually, or first person perspective, whatever it is.

Thats why I put even bigger hopes into Second Front that will follow later this year.

Second MicroProse title I got, second good hit. And yes, it feels like 25 years back then again! They are back, with plenty of activities and good quality so far. Long live the legacy - heritage obligates!

Another review form today. He too is very positive. And he too is full of praise for the "brutally good" AI.

Last edited by Skybird; 08-16-22 at 02:43 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote