View Single Post
Old 03-14-21, 09:21 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

No other racing AI I ever played against writes verses like this into my poetry album.

The video was done with a screen recorder by Cyberlink which is not intended to run film making projects like this, thats why there is no sound. I have no screen video grabber, since I usually do not do such videos, only real world videos on squirrels with wildlifecam and bicycle tours with actioncam.

Nothing special, just me (orange car #30) trying to sack the AI car in front of me on the Nordschleife. I am no monster driver, and I do not set up the cars. I just use the default setup, and have the AI at I think 98. With most car classes, and that setting of AI skill, I mostly flow in the middle of the pack. The scene is from unlimited practice. I usually run simple practice sessions and then fight with whatever crosses my way out on the track.

The AI does not give up. It does not let go, it takes revenge. In other games, namely AC and ACC, once overtaken the AI immediately calls it a day and falls back. Not in Raceroom! It stays by my side. It goes over the green just to rub its door on mine. It tries immediate countermoves. It is not unfair, but it is determined. It does not ram, and despite being aggressive, stays predictable and somewhat reliable and responsive. The race is nothing special, nor is my driving displayed, but it illustrates perfectly why I like the Raceroom AI so very much. For my - limited - driving skills, it is a perfect opponent who keeps me fully occupied. This video shows why I keep coming back to RR time and again.