Old 09-23-16, 02:44 AM   #5980
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3
Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warham View Post
I found an interesting style of play. In TWoS traffic is very low, and 90% of the time it takes to search for enemy. Especially because the max compression ratio is x512. Today I played all work day. I run the game in windowed mode. I put the search script. If the ship is detected, then the acceleration is reset to x1, if the plane, then the game is paused. Most of the real-time game is minimize to tray, I periodically unfold it and whatch what happened during that time. I save, change course and so on. At the same time fully employed work. So i sailed today 15 game days and not found any convoy. This 8 real-time hours. And if an hour a day playing in the afternoon as usual, it would take 8 days. And boring is when an hour you only look at a map. And that is very important for me and all felt the endless expanses of the ocean, I do not fly by game days for a minute as if played on the x4000, but at the same time, the game is not take a lot of real time.

Sorry for my english, its gt )
I feel your pain! But this is how it was in real life. Months of boredom in an empty ocean with nothing to see but the sea! Radio contacts are the best way to find targets in an empty ocean. Plotting the position and predicting the future position and course of radio contacts until you find one that is heading in your general direction is how you find your prey. Once you find a convoy and plan an intercept, you can use all your torpedoes on that convoy, following and transferring external stores while overtaking and then attacking again and again until you are out of ammunition. Sure beats the hell out of spawned targets that appear out of nowhere right in front of you just for you to shoot! It is a process of gathering available intelligence and resources, extracting the relevant information and using it to successfully outwit and bring about the destruction of your enemy...

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote