View Single Post
Old 10-01-12, 09:20 PM   #157
the_tyrant
Admiral

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by soopaman2 View Post
I am at least happy, that there is some competition for apple. Too bad it is not driving prices down. The I phone 6 will need a bank loan to buy.

I like my android, I watch movies on break at work with my buddy. You tube app, ESPN score updates for my sports teams.

And half the price per month, and 1/6 the price for a decent phone. (I only got a 3g phone) Plus I can tell them to buzz off at any time.

But it don't got the Apple logo on the back so everyone knows how hip I am.

My wife says the other day "Thats it?". And she was refferring to her Iphone 5 Not my genitalia...

(or was she)

I really don't get the iPhones are expensive talk. Seriously

iPhones are prices competatively with the flagship devices of the other major platforms.

After all, on a 2 year contract the iPhone 5 starts at 199, just like the Samsung Galaxy S3, Motorola Droid Razr, and the Blackberry Bold 9900.

199$ is the on contract price for most flagship devices. The iPhone is priced competatively, and is not overpriced compared to other flagship devices.

Off contract, these flagships are all 500-800$. Again, the iPhone is not overprices compared to comparable devices within its class.

PS: Ok, if you are going to buy a phone on contract, don't get the "0$ on contract" devices. Get the premium top of the line device. Why?
Well over the course of 2-3 years, the phone bill adds up to thousands of dollars. The extra 100-200$ doesn't seem like much at all.

Plus, since you will be living with the device for the next 2-3 years of your life (arguably more important than your wife), I sincearly recommend that you get a flagship device, and not a bargin bucket cheapo device. The level of support and the experiance is just so much better.