View Single Post
Old 10-14-22, 04:06 PM   #14057
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Ok guys, in light of doubts whether SH5/TWoS will still work after Ubisoft's recent shenanigans, I tried a little experiment: uninstalled SH5 and TWoS, purged all traces of them from my computer, and reinstalled them to see if a fresh install will be working.

This is Steam version of the game, on Windows 7.

Result:

- Steam installation completed normally, but after trying to launch stock game I got "Ubisoft Launcher error code 1".
- Got around it by downloading Ubisoft Connect and installing it. When I tried to launch it, got another error "Procedure CreateDXGIFactoery2 could not be located in dxgi.dll".
- This error can be worked around by using older version of upc.exe executable and overwriting it over the upc.exe in Ubisoft Game Launcher folder (thanks @derstosstrupp for this solution)
- After doing this, stock game launches just fine.
- Next step, TWoS installation: works as usual, no additional problems here. Just follow the instructions.

Only annoying thing is that "Procedure CreateDXGIFactory" error keeps showing up when launching game through KSDCommander, but if you just click "Ok" the game will continue to launch normally.

So, shame on Ubisoft for screwing up their launcher, but you can still get around their screwups and play the game as before.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote