View Single Post
Old 04-09-22, 11:16 AM   #8
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Really looking forward to Regiments and Sea Power, I just hope they will live up to the high expectations that follows the revival of such a legendary brand as MicroProse. I mean, any rich fool could buy the brand but we must remember that this does not avoid the fact that MicroProse 2022 has absolutely nothing to do with the company we know from back then. Regiments seems from the previews to rely much on flash and graphics. I am on the fence for now, but really miss MicroProse so I want them to succeed of course.

Actually we had middle-road games that were just like what you describe, they were called Wings over Vietnam, Wings over Europe, Wings over Israel, The updated re-releases under the Strike Fighters 2 umbrella, North Atlantic, etc. And they were the work of TK, one of the guys behind European Air War. Those games found a nice balance between sim and game, and were fun to play. Not Falcon 4.0 but enough sim elements to please. A huge shame they weren't developed further. Now its only mobile games and arcade it seems from ThirdWire.
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote