View Single Post
Old 07-01-20, 09:57 AM   #1422
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight View Post
A couple of annoyances I've come across in these latest versions of fotrs Mr beanie.
Firstly, having to turn the SD unit ON, it should be on by Default and turned off when you want it off, that button thingie should also be lit up as well.
Secondly, if I find out who is making that knocking noise while I'm looking at the navmap I'm going to feed him to the sharks, needs looking at sharpish or I will eventually overwrite it with the stock game version.

That's all I've come across for now, I'm sure there are other players who have some other annoyances that they want to bring to your attention.
You're a saltier salt than me (if not an older one) but...

I agree that the SD (Air radar) should be on by default, but turning it on at the beginning of each patrol seems to do it for me. After that its on til I turn it off. I'm guessing that some folks find it to be a pain in that it slows down time compression when leaving base even if the contacts are pretty certain to be friendlies.

Seems that the SJ (Surface Radar) starts off each patrol in the off position as well.

I was told in an earlier post that the SD light can't be turned on for some reason (the developers?) That's why when you hot-key a T to get it turned on you get the message in the text area. You'll note that the Surface Radar button DOES light and they opted to NOT notify you in the text box.

As to that sound you're hearing.... Does it disappear if you adjust your speed by a knot? I know that there is a MAJOR problem with stuck sounds in the game, but that generally clears the more annoying ones for me.

Course with me it could just be the battery in my hearing aid... ;-)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig

Last edited by Havan_IronOak; 07-01-20 at 11:04 AM.
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote