View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 10:11 PM   #1420
Havan_IronOak
Navy Dude

Downloads: 233
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
to accomplish your goal (above) you need to look at the specialabilities.upc file. it will show in detail exactly what skills are enhanced when a crewman has any one particular special ability.

if you want to enhance the description of a special ability, edit the UPClocalization.tsr with Notepad and include your own text descriptions. make sure that you make a backup copy just in case you make a mistake while editing.

Thanks! UPClocalization.tsr was exactly what I was looking for.

I actually did something like that (actually placed the descriptions for a few directly in SpecialAbilities.upc) and the descriptions I've put in now appear in-game.

My one reservation in doing that was that none of those had the descriptions I was seeing in game.. I kinda felt that there had to be another file with the actual in-game descriptions to simplify translations into other languages.

I'm guessing that what's entered in SpecialAbilities.upc as a description is looked up in UPClocalization.tsr and if nothing is found the raw description from SpecialAbilities.upc is used. That would explain why I was seeing things like "Ability-Active-Bombard-Description" as the description text.
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 16.0 GB
NVidia RTX2070 16 Gig
Havan_IronOak is offline   Reply With Quote