View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 09:12 AM   #1416
Mios 4Me
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Earlier I reported several issues on a new Balao Sea Trials career which seemed to be related to a corrupted Save folder. After two cycles of full deletion, rebooting, and creating new careers, the following have occurred on the last career:

Patrol 1: Sea Trials off SF (battery related, but seemed to refer to having completed the dive trials on the previous, deleted career), then assigned to Patrol Area 4. Home port remained SF; requested transfer at some point. The Patrol Log is confusing in this regard; the last sinking is in late July, the patrol ends on August 9, but the log ends with the Base Change to Brisbane dated June 3, 1943.

On patrol SF-Eniwetok-Truk-Tulagi-Truk-Area 4-SF, we did not encounter a single merchant ship or convoy at sea. Ultra directed us to one TF off Truk and we chanced upon a second there after refitting in Tulagi; otherwise we saw nothing but crab boats, etc, plus docked merchants and a tanker in the second TF.

Patrol 2: On the first patrol from our new home port, we were ordered to Area 6 and again paid a social call at Truk. An Akitsu Maru under attack between two finger piers in Dublon harbor repeatedly physically shifted from side to side and back again. Movement was strictly in one plane and episodic.

Mission orders post-trials were dated August 10, 1943, but referred to departing on June 3rd 1943. Sinkings for this patrol, which is still in progress, follow the June dating sequence.

Not sure which patrol this was on: Ordering crew back outside to man the deck gun after weather forced them inside again resulted in uncommanded changes; this time it was to blow ballast. On the suspected corrupted Save patrol mentioned earlier, doing so activated the Dive command.
Mios 4Me is offline   Reply With Quote