View Single Post
Old 06-30-20, 02:01 AM   #1412
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios 4Me View Post
Thanks for the background explanation. With a major revision underway likely addressing everything, I won't waste bandwidth with the errors encountered after my last post, one of which was a little startling by SH4 standards. If anyone would like details, however, please PM me.
I would not term it a "major revision', only an "incremental update", and some issues will have to be dropped again due to time constraints and life's obligations. We do however, want any an all reports, whether you think they are wasting bandwidth or not. We are attempting to stay caught-up with the reports, and want to fix them all, given time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielCoffey View Post
Bug Report : Missing cable on NDD_Minekaze

The NDD Minekaze has a missing cable on the port side of the forward mast. It can be noticed in S3D as well as a modelling tool. The model is also shared with the NDE Akikaze so fixing it once in the Minekaze will correct both vessels.

Node 134 - NDD_Minekaze_catarg_F

pic
In process...
Quote:
Bug Report : Unlaunchable Lifeboats on NDD Clemson

The cranes on all three boats on the NDD Clemson (shared with NDE_PB102) face inwards and therefore cannot be used for launching the boats. They need rotating 180 degrees to be correctly oriented.

EDIT : Disregard this report. Apparently this is the correct orientation according to wikipedia so the hoists must have worked somehow.
I don't see how the one would, since the davit pivots are inboard of the boat length... what'd they do, shift the boat back and forth between the uprights?... lol

Quote:
Bug Report : Missing cable on NDD_Mutsuki

There is a missing cable between the fore and aft masts on NDD_Mutsuki (shared with NDE_Kisaragi). Part of the cable is present at the very ends but the ends and pulleys are hanging in mid air.

pkc
This will be a tough one, unless I can find a similar cable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleunMarco View Post
the captain's coffee maker has broken down again.
this is the umpteenth time it has been on the gripe list.
get the chief of the boat to get this fixed...NOW!
pic
No can-do buckaroo! All electricity, including to the ice cream machine, has been cut. Everything is to be done by hand...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
Was toying around with promotions to improve my understanding a bit and was surprised to find a couple of new Special Abilities that aren't very well described in-game.

Can someone point me to the mod file where such things reside so that I can understand them better? Nevermind. Found it! Sorta...

Can someone explain how the Master Engineer in ...\UPCCrewData\SpecialAbilities.upc gets expanded into what we see in-game?...
Most of the Special Abilities in FotRSU are either already disabled from Stock, or have been disabled, other than the pharmacist's mate and battery re-charge dudes. If any others are still functional, it is purely accidental, or you didn't delete the Save folder before playing FotRSU. Some of what you listed are German side only, others never were fully implemented. Most are hokey.

Quote:
The NDD Mutsuki may also need a weapons review as there is a possible mistake in its .EQP file.

Currently :

A1 25mm triple
A2 25mm double
A3 25mm double

Both of the A1 and A2 weapons spots are on the port and starboard wings of the forward cabin and should probably match but one is a 25mm triple and the other is a 25mm double.

The A3 spot is the aft heavy-AA platform and houses the remaining 25mm double.

I think the roster should be...

A1 25mm double
A2 25mm double
A3 25mm triple

...then the weapons would match the hardpoints better.

EDIT : The same edit needs to be made to the .EQP file for the NDE_Kisaragi too as it shares the same three AA hardpoints.
This and the Evarts have been "fixed". The lifeboats on the Evarts have moved up to just behind the conn, slightly forward of the stack, roughly centered on the ladders facing the gunwales either side, between the first and 2nd decks, aligned with the solid side. Our "watchman" has been moved to the double AA platform above and ahead of his torpedo launcher perch - if you ever re-visit that area... Currently copying right-for-left and left-for-right cables for masts on the others, but have not found anything close yet for the Mutsuki and its derivatives... I do want to thank you for pointing these issues out!

NDE_Evarts.dat

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote