Old 12-04-23, 09:32 AM   #64
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

4 April 1942
Paying the price for Sian

CENTPAC
A minesweeper patroling Kwajelien in the Marshalls was a sniper with her depth charges, scoring a solid hit and two damaging near misses with just 3 patterns on the Pompano. Enough to put her in the yard for a few weeks.

China
My CAP over Sian was only 2 aircraft due to the range they had to fly. The Hudsons returned and got through - 5 squads disabled on the ground.

We made our second assault on Sian, this time bringing the forts down to level 2. Assault odds were a little below 1 to 1 this time, which is discouraging...we're having too many squads disabled. Totals disabled/destroyed this turn were 1020 for me and 833 for him, with device destruction titled in my favor. We'll need to rest a bit...and that's going to be enforced by the enemy, because the Nanyang stack is back on the road again. I'm moving units held in reserve from Nanyang up to deal with them.

SOPAC
A flight of 3 B-17s tried to attack ships at Noumea. Zeroes took down two, and the last was taken down by flak at is approached its target.

Bay of Bengal
After reducing my Kates' allowed strike range yesterday, they still found ships near ports to attack--this time, a sub tender in Colombo. 3 aircraft hit it with 5 bombs.

Reinforcements
Genzan Ku S-1 arrives at Chiba - Zero squadron, these guys will be replacing fighters due to withdraw from the Indian Ocean theare.