Old 11-22-22, 09:19 AM   #14101
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 440
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
@Torpedo
I'm super excited that it is also helpful for you!

@propbeanie
I was hoping for the kind of insight that you've shared. I'll try making the sea folder readable initially, then if needed, the pages folder.

Tried removing 'read-only' from sea, then both sea and pages. Recog manual still frozen on the initial "other" picture. Information can be accessed, and for those ships that have 'Additional Information' the text can be read, but any associated pictures are all white.

I appreciate the suggestions though.
Well, I'm not very insightful when it comes to most things "SH5". I can't even climb down the turm ladder for a dive ... OK, so the information of the ships change as you change the RecMan page, which that info comes from the cfg file in the Sea folder, but the dds sil file (same folder) is not loading... hmmmm... this is puzzling. Why would the image not refresh, I wonder... My laptop just went to Win11, so maybe I'll try SH5 on it later today and see what it does there... Another question though, had you done a Win11 "Upgrade" via Windows Update, or a new install (such as a new computer), and then installed SH5? If you installed SH5, is it Steam, Ubi, or disk?

Edit 1120... I cannot get Steam to log me in, and UConnect will not run, hence I cannot access SH5 on the win11 install to even begin to try to see what the RecMan does. In fact, NOTHING works correctly on the win11 laptop. What a waste of time "upgrading" to that pile of buffalo dung full of maggots. What a resource eater... I am now attempting to roll my laptop back to Win10, where the MS "rollback" app has told me I will have to (once again) re-install all of my apps. That's what MS tech support told me yesterday when nothing would run in win11... "you should probably re-install your applications"... a colossal waste of my precious time.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 11-22-22 at 12:28 PM.
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote