View Single Post
Old 09-17-22, 09:43 PM   #15
quickening58
Watch

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0
Icon11 Related Media

"For some great information, which can be applied in many cases to how operate in SH 4 (especially when move on to mods) would read (if you have not) CLEAR THE BRIDGE! and WAHOO! by Rear Admiral Richard O Kane. Two excellent memoirs about his time as Executive Officer on Wahoo and Commanding Officer of Tang. Then Thunder Below by Admiral Eugene Fluckey, which is probably the finest submarine memoir to date. Get the hardcover if you can find it, nice book "

Only my 3rd month or so, into SH4. Tho am fairly well knowledgeable with WW2 Pacific Sub Ops....been seeing some great suggestions of books/info I have never heard of. New Kindle has opened a whole world Have read O'Kanes Clear the Bridge twice already!! I do suggest Lockwoods "Sink Them All" and "Zoomies,Subs and Zeros" from his perspectives. Very informative!! Am assuming we all know who Lockwood is,right?? LOL

A short side-story.......about 25 years ago, just before Super Bowl weekend, I was working and listening to the local FM. DJ announced a contest. Who can name the only American Sub to sink itself?? Winner would win a 6ft Sub sandwiche from Subway!!
It came mounted on a well wrapped 6ft 4in. board....and the guys laughed thru every bite on Superbowl Sunday. DJ was amazed someone won it in 30 seconds
quickening58 is offline   Reply With Quote