Old 07-08-22, 02:37 PM   #20
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBatman View Post
I'm a fan of their Assassin's Creed franchise. (History? Check. Conspiracy theories? Check. Gratuitous violence? Check). So this little stunt by these guys is going to cost them a lot of money from me. I just refunded 2 of those games. I got them at the steam sale recently enough to still be eligible for refund. I think it's safe to say they'll never make another silent hunter, not enough money in it for them. So I won't buy anything made by them ever again.

It's not easy, but i just can't give a company like this any of my money. It's not just this game, either. They are going to make a bunch of single player content unplayable all across the board. I always thought EA was the scummiest gaming company, but ubi has taken the crown.

I guess I'm going to have to find a substitute to scratch the uboat itch. It looks like the best choices are either sh3 gwx, the newish uboat game, or perhaps one of the sh4 ato mods. I cant remember if 4 is tied to their stupid launcher or not. Uboat still needs work, even with the mods available it's still a bit arcadey to me.

3 might be the best bet but its just so dated now. I did manage to get it all up and running though, complete with sh3commander and widescreen fix. I have to say it has had a lot of care put into it. The manual for the mod is hundreds of pages.

Thats the saddest thing about this whole debacle. There must be thousands of hours invested by members of this site to fix sh5. Not to mention modding in a functional enigma machine. They say you cant polish a turd, but it was done here. And all that work, potentially down the drain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBatman View Post
I can't remember, if 4 is tied to their stupid launcher or not.

It is tied to their launcher... just as well as being hog tied to Steam & their launcher, as well... all part of their... anti-piracy campaign.

I... do know of a means & method, to cut, the hog tie to Steam (or Ubi), on SH4... it requires, resetting up the guts of SH4, set up in its own folder... making sure to keep it out of UAC's, slimy grip & terror-tory.

Looks like this same process, needs a savior to champion that same process with regards to 5, soon.... if we are to have a hope of playing what we paid for.

Ubi...

you suck.

M. M.