View Single Post
Old 10-18-21, 09:21 AM   #48
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

The first time I played New Vegas, years ago, I used some mods. I recall having a companion called Willow, and that's a mod. I'm not anti-mod, but more that I just don't feel like I need them.

I didn't really take to the settlement side of Fallout 4, even though it's a robust and fairly deep side to the game. I treated settlements like way stations, not communities, places to sleep and heal and craft and eat, but not to make life better for the unfortunate masses who remain in place, never lifting a finger to attenuate the conditions they moan about.

But a water pump, a bed, a container and some turrets to watch over it all were about the extent of my settlement building. So yeah, mods to expand on the possibilities just has little practical appeal to me. I did end up building two of the arches, one at Hangman's and one in Sanctuary, but not much more than this unless a quest required it.

You've not played New Vegas? Interesting, and I can only recommend it. Obsidian are really good at this, and they made a great game, closer to FO3 than 4 I reckon in terms of how it plays, but it's worth your time if you enjoy RPGs, Fallout and good games in general regardless of how closely it aligns with your usual predilections. Grab the GotY edition on sale.