Old 04-27-07, 08:01 AM   #783
robj250
Sea Lord

Location: Port Hardy, BC, Canada 75 yo with M.S. & C.O.P.D. & heart problems
Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sth128
I don't personally use Ulead. But if it's anything like traditional editing softwares, you simply drag and drop the video clip into the tracks, add whatever music you want in the audio tracks, then cut out the parts you don't want and move the rest together into a continuous short film...

As for texts, it depends on the program. Usually I just create title cards in photoshop then composite onto the footage. If you've got ALOT of subtitle then you might want to get something else. I doubt that's the case but if you need I know of a few programs that will code SRT / sub files into videos.

Oh, make sure you compress the video. I've seen posts on other forums asking how to upload a 2 gig file... LOL
I really appreciate you responding to my plea sth128. Since no one was giving me any hints, I muddled through the program for 4 hours and eventually learned how to put a Frats vid into it and how to add a simple text to the vid.

Still have a lots more to learn.

It sure isn't as easy as using Windows Movie Maker, which, by the way, is so PLAINLY understandable, even a Cave MAN could do it.

Now I have to learn how to do the things listed in Windows Movie Maker under the heading of "Titles and Credits", "Video Effects", video transitions. Making the titles fade in and out, and simply make a grayscale out of the title page or a Credits page..

It's probabably going to take me the rest of the day and on into the weekend. Their book is most impressive, but doesn't help me very much.

Again I that you mate.

Rob

ADDITION: Oh,my goodness, I found an online manual, which seems to explain how to do things a little better. Perhaps I'll find that even "I" can do it, eventually.

ADDITION 2: Well I'll be darn. With the reference manual open and Ulead upen at the same time, I was actually able to figure out how to make the text fade in and fade out, they call it "cross-fade" :rotfl: It only took me 1 hour to figure that out.

Now all I have to do is figure out how to put in a grayscale text between vids and the End credits.

Last edited by robj250; 04-27-07 at 10:13 AM.
robj250 is offline   Reply With Quote