Old 08-23-21, 01:02 PM   #6
torpeter
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 11
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceSub View Post
I did some more testing around this and discovered the following:

After I input range I see the message in the message box that my navigator is trying to compute a firing solution. The input of range triggers that action.

once that happens if I go to my officer command and press button reset firing solution it restores all of my data keeping the range input as well.
I have this exact same issue but I don't understand what it means to "go to my officer command and press button reset firing solution". I'm still getting used to the UI in SH5 (I come from SH3). The button to reset solution is unclickeable.

edit: got the button to work, but it doesn't restore my previous settings. I don't know why the game tries to automate everything for me even at maximum realism...

edit 2: I realized that I hadn't properly used the Generic File Patcher that comes with TWoS. I found (and followed) the instructions to install it. I noticed that it installs a fix pertaining to this exact issue: "Fixes problem of TDC AOB and Speed dials resetting when TDC is on and using stadimeter".

I haven't checked in-game whether the issue is fixed yet, but I assume it is. Sorry for thread revival and weird posting structure. My head is spinning due to struggling with this issue from last night until now.

Last edited by torpeter; 08-23-21 at 02:30 PM.
torpeter is offline   Reply With Quote