View Single Post
Old 07-18-22, 07:29 AM   #4869
hunter301
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigel44 View Post
I did run LAA and it said it was successful on SH4 executable. I have deleted the SH4 folder in Docs as well - still no luck getting anything but the stock game to run. I am at a loss as to what to try next... I have gone into SH4.exe and the filemanager.dll to make sure both "read only" boxes are not checked and tried running as the admin but all results are the stock game launches.
Is the stock game running as it should.
Full screen, no CTD, ect....
My problem was getting the stock game to run on Windows 10.
Would only get the game to play in a small reduced sized window. Very annoying when your trying to play on a 49" UKD/4K. Very annoying.
Every time I tried to change the screen to full size it would go to black and lock up. Finally I found an old article that had to deal with DirectX and copying 2 .dll from one file over to another so they worked together. After that it worked fine.
Was almost afraid to install the FOTRS after that but I really wanted to try it out.
Been playing SH4 since it came out in 2007 so I was ready for something new. The only thing I had to do for FOTRS was a clean install and download the mod and JSGME into my SH4 folder and install the LAA app to run the larger files. Couldn't believe it when it fired up the first time.
I even did it using the game I purchased thru Steam without changing any of the file locations.

"You know what the chain of command is?
It's the chain I get and beat you with till you understand who's in command."
-ME
hunter301 is offline   Reply With Quote