Old 11-16-19, 12:43 PM   #71
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER View Post
Hi Guys
One problem I have noticed once I have gone on deck it does not matter what station I go to or the boat has dived I still get all the wind noise and waves clattering against the boat.

Is this radar supposed to rotate?

Peter
I have found that any "bad boy" behavior in the game seems to accentuate the wind and sea sound. Among the behaviors would be of course, shelling out to Windows, but also use of a higher TC setting, which I have not figured out what that level might be, and I doubt if that would be consistent either, in that it is probably hardware related. But the one thing that seems to do it also is the use of the external camera, apparently even in close to your sub, and I don't understand that. I'll experiment with the new camera files and the old from pre-v0.92RC3, and see what I get with that. Very frustrating though. If you look at the video I made in Post #4 where I'm on the Narwhal in 15ms winds, I did not use TC, went outside the boat, and stayed close-by, but to start the video recording, I had to shell-out to Windows to start the app, since the game crashes if I start the recording app prior to the game loading... but you will hear the wind and sea when I'm at the NavMap in that video, and it is just as loud as being outside. Can't have that, so we want to find the fault there...

For that radar THEBERBSTER, turn the radar on, set to "continuous sweep", since it is off by default, and see if it doesn't rotate, unless you're looking at the early SD, and then it does not rotate. The image looks like a parabolic antennae though - at least, to my eyes...

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote