Old 11-15-19, 03:04 PM   #67
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0
Default Found the Solution to No Video

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
First thing, when doing the #6) "Read-only" attribute, do that prior to #5) using LAA, so that LAA will in fact write to the exe file's header. The way to check for success is to run LAA again, and load the SH4.exe back in to the applet, to see whether or not it is in fact set to true. For #7), I usually right-click on the desktop, choosing "New..." and "Shortcut" from the menu, then point that at the SH4 directory, so that I am certain that there isn't any "Registry" stuff that will direct the shortcut to the original install folder. But, I have over six copies of SH4 on my hard drive for various mods, and then I use MultiSH4 to write a Save folder for each copy... As for "I can see nothing on my monitor" statement, as per THEBERBSTER's "SH4 <> TUTORIALS <> HOW TO DO IT..." thread, be sure and see "Changing the GPU Settings..." and "How to Change DPI Scaling..." - I thought he had one in there about Admin rights & Compatibility Mode, but maybe that's in another one of his posts... ??

In the meantime, the usual question: Did you install DirectX v9.0c and the Codecs? I'm not sure they'll install from the disk anymore in Windows 10, but you could also go to Microsoft.com's download section and try the "[url=https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=34429DirectX 9c Runtime[/url]"...
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I didn't find the answer in the above recommended "How to Change DPI Scaling", but it was directly related! I found it in the Sticky Post in the SH4 Forum for "SH4 and Windows 10" posted by Ensign Dunsel.

He reported the exact same problem, which he fixed eventually by both Registering the game with Ubisoft and setting an Override to the High DPI Scaling Behavior. He wasn't sure which of the two did the trick, but I now know it wasn't the Registration Step in the Installation - I couldn't get to the page on Ubisoft.com to try that one. but I was able to set the DPI scaling.

I went to SH4.exe, right clicked and selected Properties, the Compatibility tab. He unchecked the Compatibility and let it run under Win10 - says it works fine. I left mine checked to run under VISTA, 2nd Release. What made the difference and solved the issue was to go to the bottom of that tab and select the "Change High DPI Settings". Then go to the bottom of that one and check the "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and allow Scaling Performed by: Application". VOILA!

I am now preparing to leave Midway Atoll on my first patrol in USS Trout (SS-202) Tambour Class. Hurrah! Back to the war, boys!

Thank you Propbeanie!

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote