View Single Post
Old 11-15-19, 11:54 AM   #63
K9us
Swabbie

Downloads: 130
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
I don't remember, are you told "So-and-so wants to hitch a ride to Surabaya with you"? That is the purpose behind some of the other missions' Objective of having a player come back in to either Mariveles or Manila Harbor.
Not as far as I can recall. There were some very specific instructions for the first mission to check out coastal areas near Verde and Batangas, and after that I was sent up north. I did rescue alot of survivors from the planes that were shot down (again, LOVE these kinds of details), but they didn't have a specific destination in mind when I picked them up :P

Quote:
As in real life, the plans were often changed before they were implemented, due to the speed with which the invasions occurred, and due to Allied lack of communications between the various nations.
Indeed, and I love that detail too, you can almost hear the panic at HQ through the wording of the messages, very immersive. I mean, the issues I've had with the map circles and being sent back to Mariveles when Mariveles no longer exist could actually be seen as clerical errors or just mistakes made in panic. The "bug" of being sent there after it was abandoned is in a way more immersive, and if you haven't conserved your fuel you may be in a pickle, which is also immersive. I'm just not used to that kind of embivalent behavior from HQ

Quote:
As to crashing on loading a Save, double-check your LAA activation on the SH4.exe file, and be sure that the SH4.exe is not set to "Read-only" in its attributes. If it is, clear that, then try LAA on the SH4.exe file again. Usually speaking, a failure to load a Saved game is the result of bad data in the file, which can occur from not having enough RAM available to the game. The attack on the Task Force is a symptom of that. If you have a 32-bit version of Windows, let us know...
Win 10 x64, 16 gig RAM total, i7-4790 @ 4.5GHz, Nvidia GTX 970.
Confirmed LAA flag is set, and exe is not read-only.
Exe properties: Running in Win 7 compatibility mode, as admin, and overriding high DPI behavior is set to Application.
This is the steam version, installed in custom directory (C:\Games\Steam...) on SSD drive with 80 gigs free. Did a clean install (i.e. deleted both the game dir and the entire SH4 dir in Documents). Also installed DirectX 9 from the SH directory since the Steam installer didn't ask me to install it.

Quote:
btw, that torpedo could have come from an airplane. I don't think we have any submerged AI subs at the beginning...
Really? Cool! It looked like a Mk14, but maybe planes carried similar looking torpedoes? Anyway, really cool stuff.

I'll keep you posted if I run into other issues.
K9us is offline   Reply With Quote