Old 11-10-19, 07:58 PM   #17
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larrywb57 View Post
FotRS Mod Team,

After much deliberation, I decided to download this awesome mod. The reason for my indecisive was I wasn't able to go more than two patrols before my current computer would freeze up causing me to end my campaign. I'm currently in the process of having a new one built. But I couldn't resist trying the mod out on this old one. I noticed something and I'm indecisive about reporting it because of this computer. But so far, the mod has performed well.
I'm using the lowest settings on graphics and gameplay.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
But here is what I've noticed.
[IMG][/IMG]
As the Operation orders were being written, I noticed the word null with parentheses. And when I bring up the Mission Objective Clipboard (F8), I see the text is missing.
[IMG][/IMG]
If no one else has seen this, it could be my rig. But as I said so far has worked great. I followed the directions in the pdfs, 'Activating Fall of the Rising Sun Ultimate Edition', 'Install Notes For the Various Versions of Silent Hunter 4 in Windows' and 'Notes for FotRSU Play and Reporting'.
I also read the pdf, 'Of Refits, New Commands, Rank, and Retirements.'
I wasn't going to try this masterpiece until I was able to give it a platform that could handle it. But it has been a joy today to set up and run this old piece of equipment that I believe that Noah left on the river bank as his ark when by close to the community I resided. Thank you Team doesn't seem like it is enough to say.

Regards,
Larry
OK Larry, that is the same mission we had issues with before... it and the other one for the same general area both had issues with their main objectives being completed and not falling to their next objectives. That has been fixed. Apparently, in my exuberance to "fix" things, I broke this in a new and different way, in that the text for the Objective name does not match the name of the Objective, thus, there is no display of the Objective in the text. So that is now on the "To Do" list. However, the rest of the mission does function, including completing objectives, and being assigned the next one. So you go from an assignment to Patrol Mili Atoll for a few days, which does complete, then you are assigned Jaluit "for a while", and then you are moved to Truk, with no time length given, so I'll change that. Once Truk Patrol is completed the skipper is given Carte Blanche to do whatever they want. I will tell you this about the mission - ~BORING~ with a capital "B"... I did not attempt to go into the shallows to attempt to sink any docked ships, though I did try to shoot at one near the docks at Kolonia, Ponape Island, since its on the way to Truk, and naturally, it prematured... rassin' rotten rother dadburnit... Put it on "Slow" so I could sit in the deep, and had to wait over two minutes for it to premature, just as it was getting about half way there. Oh well. I don't remember if there's any patrols in the area, but I left, just in case... I'll process a video I did of the sea state as I was approaching Truk again, getting ready to sit off an entrance to the atoll, and lay in wait for traffic... hopefully not a patrol... Anyway, I try to process that tonight, and have Team Leader put a link to it up in the first page... Thanks for the report!

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote