View Single Post
Old 04-13-19, 05:53 PM   #11
promitheas
Watch

Downloads: 17
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
Equipment names are defined in submarine upcge files (data\Submarine\NSS_Uboat7*\NSS_Uboat7*.upcge). You can edit them manually if you like but I really don't see why since the description for the equipment is still in English...
I'm going to give that a try asap. Why? Because for example when I'm being depth charged and I've got damage I don't want to have to spend that etra little time reading descriptions t ofigure out what everything is, so that I can decide what has highest priority to fix. I'd rather just look at it and read it immediately. Just my way to play.

promitheas

Edit 1:
vdr1981: I found the file you mentioned, and may need a little help understanding the contents.

In the beginning there is a Captain Data section - pretty straightforward other than the name is not the one I chose for my campaign. Not sure how relevant this is.
Then the Submarine Type Definition which again is straightforward other than the UnitName variable being set to U-27 - I'm U-96 in the campaign.
Then the Status of Equipments & Weapons section, followed by the Compartments Structure section.
Here is where I start seeing German. I guess if I change the NameDisplayable variables from German to the English equivalent it will update in game, but before messing around with files I clearly don't understand I would appreciate if you can confirm this so I don't mess everything up.

And this is really interesting anyway because I do want to create some mods eventually, and this is valuable info.

So thanks again!

---
SH5 Steam version, TWoS, used the steam conversion tool.
SH3 Steam version, GWX Gold

Last edited by promitheas; 04-14-19 at 06:40 AM.
promitheas is offline   Reply With Quote