View Single Post
Old 07-06-14, 11:21 AM   #750
vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnorchel View Post
I just tried Mega MOD "the Wolf of Steel 1.02" with Type VIIC, to my disappointed, it still can not keep the depth and slowly sinking under 180m with 2 knots. Could we fix this issue by modifying the hyroplane's efficiency? I really have no idea about how to edit submarine's . sim file.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailor Steve View Post
I'm not sure why this would be a problem. In real life all ships leak. A submarine must keep moving to maintain depth. As far back as Aces Of The Deep (1994) you could only maintain silent running for a certain amount of time before the Chief would tell you "We can't maintain depth without running the pumps!" One of the complaints about SH3 was that the boat could "hover", sitting still without sinking. The NYGM supermod fixed it so the boat would sink at 2 knots or less, and everyone cheered because that was more realistic.

Now it appears that SH5, or one its mods, has that built in, and people don't like it. The old saying is true, you can't please everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdr1981 View Post
It is perfectly possible to maintain depth at 220+ meters but only with the use of slow underwater propulsion and manual dive planes control. It's not so simple like one click command anymore. It is also very important not to observe depth scale command like true"depth selector", it's rather like command for taking in and pumping out water from ballast tanks. With depth scale you're controlling weight of the submarine, not depth directly. I'm preparing small video how to do this but it will take some time...

EDIT:

And, here's the video...
I think those few post are going to be useful here too...
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote