View Single Post
Old 01-22-22, 07:18 PM   #7
LUKNER
Torpedoman

Downloads: 743
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
Well one of many issues with design of SH 4 is they made the career more about individual commanders than the boats themselves. The nature of US sub operations was more about the boats than individual skippers for most part. Some of the successful skippers and their boats were of course known, but the skipper would be relieved after his five patrols or so, and then many times, the next skipper proved to be as successful or even more so in some cases.

I rarely keep the same Commander a entire career. I simply edit the career file, renamed the skipper, clear out tonnage and medals, keep on with same boat and crew (of course crew changes over time).
I like to play by choosing a historical period in a military campaign. The most interesting from the autumn of 1944 until the end of the war. There are already few goals, but they are there and they must be actively sought. From the autumn of 1943 to the autumn of 1944 this is the convoy hunting season. From the beginning of the war or the autumn of 1942, only because of the interest to go through the whole war and survive.
LUKNER is offline   Reply With Quote