View Single Post
Old 05-21-19, 04:57 PM   #16
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Just tried it - sadly, without luck. Proxy clone exhibits the same behaviour unless it's given its own gr2 files.
Okay, I have finally found the discussion that I was telling you about. I didn't re-read it all (yet), but it might contain the key to your problem:

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...15#post2053415

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
Floating Plane's folder in TWoS contains some rather unusual files compared to other aircraft's folders:

Looks like two planes (dat and gr2) sharing single folder, but I haven't seen the dat version in game, nor any roster entry referencing it.
If memory serves me well those files were inherited from OHII, and they are the remains of an attempt to import a more realistic Catalina model in SH5. IIRC the model used was the one contained in GWX, but after some failed attempts to make it damageable by other units, it was finally discarded.
After many years, I think that problems wasn't insurmontable, but I don't think that retrying to import the same plane again is worth it: I seem to remember that some later supermod for SHIII or SHIV has a better Catalina model, and some even better models are on my HD
gap is offline   Reply With Quote