View Single Post
Old 02-28-14, 08:20 AM   #198
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybird View Post
A German article makes me think it could also be another scenario. The author points out that on many videos and photos the uniforms show a very consistent look and that the units are extremely well organised and disciplined, and are very well equipped. Also, they operate with great coordination and precisions, very focussed.

I think this speaks not so much for just some groups of hobby warriors or a militia, but that it could be Russian special units who have took off their nationality emblems and regular uniforms.

What would the legal status of such troops operating in another formally sovereign country be then? I assume nothing too positive?

The Russians have 13,000 troops and military members in Sewastopol.

Or is it Ukrainian troops that try to deceive the West over a Russian intervention in order to bring NATO into this, like Shaakashviuli tried in Georgia when he gave his many lies as an excuse for his demand why NATO should intervene on his behalf?
That's what I thought too, that's not a rag-tag band of men, undoubtedly there are some militia there, but it just seems to co-ordinated.
They've apparently pulled back from the airport and are maintain ro*******s (road b-lo-cks) around it.
I doubt it's Ukrainian forces, at least ones under central command, since there is no real central command at the moment after the head of the Ukrainian armed forces was fired. It's, in my opinion anyway, either Russian backed and equipped militia forces, or Russian special forces posing as Ukrainian forces, like you say, Russian speaking forces wouldn't be a strange thing in parts of the Ukraine.

One rather odd thing strikes me though, in a few of these pictures and video footage of these men at the airport I've seen...some of them don't have magazines in their rifles...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote