View Single Post
Old 01-01-19, 07:18 AM   #7
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badileus View Post
Thank you for your time! I will send you the files.
Files received

Quote:
If I understand it right, the dds-file is the (only?) source for the plates-textures
After a first inspection, it seems so.

Quote:
...and in the GR2-files they are placed at different locations in the room (CR = Control Room?).

But it seems to me that these plates were originally intended for the TDC in the tower (next to the attack periscope), where they are used correctly now. I think the devs used the same plates then for the whole boat, to save work and thinking, nobody will notice it (at least not english-speaking people...).
This is my suspect too. It should be noted that there are some discrepancies between the stock CR9C_2.dds file and the copy included in TWoS:

stock:

TWoS:

Unfortunately I don't speak German, but it is possible that who edited that file (probably SteelViking), in fixing the labels for the TDC/conning tower, messed them up for other devices/compartments.

Quote:
So if the plates in the dds-file as they are now are changed, will this not affect the TDC plates in the tower also?
If we simply edit the texture, they probably would.

Quote:
Or is it possible to add more labeled plate-textures in the dds-file, to have a greater "pool" of labels to choose from?
This is exactly my idea. The model editor that we have now (TDW's GR2 Editor / Viewer) is not 100% functional, and depending on the file to be edited some of its features might not work, but in theory it should be possible making the labels to use another portion of the same texture, or even tu use a different texture.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote