Thread: 2023 BOSS Noms
View Single Post
Old 11-05-23, 08:05 AM   #81
stork100
Weps

Downloads: 92
Uploads: 0

stork100 has made a Best of SUBSIM nomination.
Nomination Category:
Quote:
SH3 Modder
Nomination basis: High quality SH3 modding. Regardless of the outcome (the work is still experimental at this time), this member is pushing the limits of SH3 and related knowledge, pushing the boundaries so that future players might enjoy a higher sense of historical realism in their experience of the game. Very commendable.
Forum: SHIII Mods Workshop

Nominated Member: rik007
Nominated Post: Rik007: SH-3 Night surface attack project
Quote:

I feel I'm not 20 anymore. So I'm a slow modder and for years SH-3 didnot have my attention anymore but everything came back a year ago when I upgraded my video card...
On an average I now worked a few hours per week on this project which delivers an enabler. Basically it could be a breakthrough or a failure: who knows?
For me it is a breakthrough and I hope it will be the same for you all. I create some movies this week to explain it and some demo's.

First I explain the project itself and my experiments into night surface attacks and what I think of it:

Then an example of a night surface attack in 'Otto Kretschmer-style', unprecedented I think:

Then a sample of the wheather transition bug which is in most environment mods. The wheather will suddenly switch around 00:26:

And the version with a correct - smooth wheather transition:

Then a demo with Northern Lights and detection:

What is happening next?

If there is need for these mods: the Moon mod is about to be finished. There is no whish list. This project as-is drained my energy. If people are willing to learn how=to-hard-code-fix I might organize an online workshop.
As how to contine: I will ask some people to 'beta-test' and depending on the results further steps will follow. I have no intention to change Fifi's or OneAlex's mod so some form of working together is the idea.

I want to thank:
- Hsie for his exellent hardcode mod. If you read this: a few of your discoveries in your assembly files I re-used!
- hughesjr for his basic voice attack profile (unreachable on Steam)
- Jerry Mason and crew

Here you find the site with the u-boot journals:

https://www.uboatarchive.net/

Go to U-boat KTB for the logs.

Have fun with it.

Rik007
stork100 is offline   Reply With Quote