View Single Post
Old 07-21-08, 12:09 PM   #6
martes86
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 18
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin Robbins
We'll see. Denying that Operation Monsun was any part of the mod is not something that unfamiliarity with language or netiquette can explain. Neither is specifically leaving Operation Monsun's name out of an apparently voluminous credits list. And you have refused to deal specifically with these issues after your pronouncement that Op Monsun was no part of the mod and that settles everything.
I denied OM being part of it because I was told it wasn't. That was before I spoke to Richi on the phone, because that turned out to be a misunderstanding between Richi and me. I thought it was 0 presence, but then he explained to me that he got the U-Boats from there, but that it was his knowledge that those units were mere translations from SH3 to SH4, so they weren't actually OM's property (not made from scratch), and even then, he's told me that OM is in the credits, same as GWX.

Quote:
You'll need the help of all the real modders to fix the incompatibility problems inherent in attempting to combine mods as complicated as GWX and Operation Monsun. The problems already exposed show an alarming lack of knowledge about both. If it were easy Lurker and the GWX crew would already have put it together.
Well, from what Richi told us, GWX didn't actually want his help, they just wanted him as tester, but he wanted to do constructive things. It's obvious to me that, if the current GWX team wants to make a pack for SH4, they're never gonna help Richi since they don't have the time nor the will to help the "competition" so to speak to do just the same thing on 2 bands. That's why he started to do the pack himself in the first place. And the pack may be full of bugs at first, but so was SH3 when first released. I like to think that the few guys we have trying to do something, have a talent to show, even if it's not the likings of some.

Quote:
So for you, hoping isn't enough. What is needed now is honesty and fewer excuses. You seem to be unloading responsibility on the modders that were victimized by claiming that they had improper readmes. Bad move there. First you have to take specific responsibility for your own actions, without excuses. Then a lot of hard work will be necessary to determine if this mod can even be made to work reasonably well. This hard work will require cooperation with Lurker and GW, who are both working to capacity now.
I think I've showed quite a lot of honesty just by creating this thread, or even just "confessing" that the U-Boats are from OM instead of blindly denying it... I don't think you see apologies like this here every day, but it seems I'm always apologizing to you people. In fact, we supported GWX when the whole UBRS issue, and we even deleted the download links, and apologized for any damage caused. And like that, a few more.

But still, here we are, questioned again as a whole, questioned our honesty and truth of word... we had a similar issue with a previous SubClub administration... they claimed some of our mates cheated, but it wasn't true, and still we got burnt for it. Of course, the community as a whole felt we were not welcome, so we were forced to withdraw our official participation for a year... I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that here, but our people are a bit annoyed already to always be questioned as if we were the bad guys.

And no, I'm not unloading responsability, but how would it feel to you if they blamed you for not properly understanding an advanced text in arabic, for example, even if you had studied it just for a few days. Well, a similar situation is presented here... of course, if you are of those that think the whole world should speak English, well, I'll just give up.

Quote:
That may prove impossible as unbreaking a glass.
Things are impossible only to those that want them to stay that way.
I like to think that we still have a chance, at least, until I see otherwise.

You're free to doubt my intentions or my words all you want, but in the end, reasonable people will see that I'm actually trying to solve this problem instead of, as you say, unloading responsabilities on others.
martes86 is offline   Reply With Quote