Old 03-23-23, 02:41 PM   #798
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

22 January 1944
Pisanuloke captured

South China Sea
USS Jack torpedoed and sank a 215-ton PB just north of Miri.

China
Enemy night raids:
Wenchow (airbase): 2 hits
Hong Kong (airbase): 0 hits
Of course they skipped Amoy now that we have night fighters there.

Allied daylight raids:
near Hankow (ground forces): 33 casualties
--these troops are moving in the open from Hankow to Sinyang, I'm interdicting them so they're beat up when they arrive at the front.

Philippines
I ordered another sweep of Manila. 32 P-38s vs 5 Zeroes, 10 Irvings, 7 Georges, and 8 Franks. We lost 4 planes but got 3 Franks, 6 Irvings, and 2 Georges. Will need to rest these P-38s for repairs now.

Other raids:
Ilolio (airbase): 13 hits, 5 casualties. Doesn't look like there are any aircraft left here to kill.

Burma and Thailand...and Sumatra
I rebased some B-24s at the recently captured Port Blair and used them to attack Sabang, the base at the tip of Sumatra that was the launching point for their Burma operation awhile ago. Recon reported a cruiser and tanker in port and lots of bombers in the airbase. Lackluster results; with 25 B-24s we only got 8 airbase hits and 1 port hit, with 1 Sally destroyed on the ground.

Other raids:
Road to Bangkok (ground forces): 62 casualties
Pisanuloke (ground forces) 30 casualties

Ground combat:
Our army group finally made it to Pisanuloke, where it took an enemy bombardment. We took 13 casualties there but counterbattery fire caused 647 enemy casualties (we outnumber them 51k to 18k and they've been getting bombed for awhile). We then hit them with a shock attack, capturing the base while causing 6604 casualties while taking just 440. Bangkok's next!

DEI
Trying to catch the carriers maybe docking at Surabaya, I hit it with 24 B-24s. We didn't get the carriers but the results weren't bad. 1 Helen destroyed on the ground, a submarine hit in port, 35 airbase hits, 3 port hits, 9 casualties.

Scoutplanes ended up reporting the carriers moved off a bit to the west. Not sure what they're doing there, but they look like nice targets. I have 2 fleet carriers offline for upgrades in Darwin right now, but that still leaves me 2 fleet carriers and 6 CVLs. I've organized them into two CVBGs and I'm sending them south of Java for the time being.

other raids:
Kendari (ground forces): 19 casualties

ground combat: We've captured Pare Pare in Celebes. 103 enemy casualties, 0 Allied.

Reinforcements
DD Porterfield arrives at Los Angeles
VP-19 arrives at Alameda
9th TCS arrives at Eastern USA
767th Tank Battalion arrives at San Francisco
207th Coast AA Regiment arrives at San Francisco
103rd RN Base Force arrives at Aden