View Single Post
Old 03-15-23, 07:54 PM   #2687
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch092 View Post
Hi iambecomelife, I hope everything is going well with you and your new team!

I recently read (on Wikipedia) that the U-boat campaign during the First World War "saw U-boats operating in both the Far East and South East Asia... [and] the Indian Ocean...". There is no citation for this and I can't find any other information on it. Is this true? I think that whoever wrote it might have been referring to WWII by mistake. If it is true, will it be a part of the mod?

Also, I was wondering (as a Canadian who always likes to see Canada represented in video games) how Canada will be represented in the mod? Will the HMCS Niobe (or the Diadem class cruisers in general) be in the mod? We hear a lot about the HMCS Niobe and HMCS Rainbow in high school history classes because they were the first two ships bought for the navy, so they would be interesting to see (and sink) given their importance in Canadian politics in the years before the war. However, the HMCS Rainbow operated off the West Coast so I guess I can't sink her

The last things I wanted to ask have probably been asked before but it was if you plan on adding Austro-Hungarian U-boats or any other playable faction into the mod at any point? Also, what will the UI for the "targeting computer" look like? Basically, do I need to learn any additional math before I play the mod

Sorry for all the questions, just really excited about the mod!

Cheers!
There will be Canadian ships in the mod. HMS Niobe might be modeled .... mainly because the Cressy class armored cruisers are confirmed for the roster (needed for the "Live Bait" mission of course!!) and the Niobe and her sisters were very similar in appearance to that class, so they won't take much work....basically, remove the big 9.2" turrets from Cressy Class and make a few other adjustments.

We also will include the Canadian liner "Royal Edward" if there is time.

Players will also encounter Canadian merchant ships and fishing boats at random.

Austro-Hungarian subs are definite "reach goal"/add-on territory, since I want to get a German player campaign out as soon as possible. But maybe by 2025.

I believe the comments about WWI subs in the Pacific were a mistake. All records I have reviewed say the most distant missions in WWI were to the United States East Coast....with no Pacific or Indian Ocean cruises.

No plans for a detailed WWI period analog targeting computer due to inadequate source materials - plus the limits of SH4's moddability.

Thanks for your interest and I hope you enjoy our next updates.
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote