View Single Post
Old 03-02-23, 05:20 PM   #8
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET2SN View Post
Right, think about what I wrote one more time.

When I click that link I get a map of Omaha. Its a big deal considering where I live but Omaha is not a Counter Force target. Offutt AFB is, and Offutt is just south of Omaha. Likewise, for me, Whiteman AFB to the south east is also a big deal along with the missile fields around Minot AFB in North Dakota.

There is also no context it terms of timing. What would get hit before Omaha and why?

Instead of targeting some random city, how about showing me where the mobile ICBMs patrol near Irkutsk?

Its a tool and demonstration of how what size of warheads affect what piece of chunk on the ground depending on warhead, ground- and air-burst, plus estimated loss and fallout calculations. You can choose any point on Earth, and adjust the kilotons and megatons to your liking. The website is being maintained since around one decade now, its I think some kind of academical project. You can also grab and hold the detonation diagram and move it over the map.

The starting point may be Omaha for you, for me it is Köln, when I open the app. Thats strange since I do not live in Köln, but Münster, but anyhow...