View Single Post
Old 03-01-23, 04:36 PM   #1
ET2SN
ET2/SS

Downloads: 56
Uploads: 0

Icon12 (Nuclear) war, what is it good for?

In recent weeks I've been watching reviews for Nuclear War Simulator, they fall in line with the following Vid:

The reviews tend to fall into categories like:

"Its a Sim, it isn't a GAME"

"Its horrific and makes me feel sad"

"The only way to win is to not play"

Well, duh. The SIM is being panned for some legit reasons but give me a minute to think outside the box.

Let's say you want to create some scenarios, missions, and a campaign. We could be talking about modern Naval games or maybe DCS (or any modern warfare game). You want your campaign and missions to feel realistic, something better than a bunch of people show up in a field and start slugging it out.
How do you find that kind of realism?

Are you starting to see some derivative uses for NWS?

What military targets are being struck and in what order? Which cities and ports are being struck? Are they Counter Force or Counter Value targets?
A strategic target is a strategic target is a strategic target. In the end, it doesn't matter if you attack them with a thermonuclear warhead, conventional cruise missile, or an iron bomb or tank shell.

Load one of the "full tilt" scenarios. Where do the land battles happen? Maybe its a good area to send your strike fighter packages? Where are the front lines, where are the supply nodes? Which bases are the bad guys using to launch their fighters and bombers?
In terms of Naval combat, where do the fleets duke it out? Where are the boomers, where are the carriers?

So, try thinking about NWS as a data base for your missions with a "real time" capability.
ET2SN is online   Reply With Quote