Thread: Project Gunship
View Single Post
Old 02-26-23, 03:14 PM   #1
Oubaas
中国水兵

Downloads: 65
Uploads: 0
Icon14 Project Gunship

I picked up, "Project Gunship" on Steam yesterday, while acquiring the last of the, "Graviteam Tactics: Mius Front" DLC that I didn't have. I now have all DLC for Mius Front, Operation Star, Tank Warfare Tunisia 1943, and Steel Armor Blaze of War, all of which I highly recommend.

Anyway, "Project Gunship" is a simple, but entertaining title, quite cheap, with a very active developer and an ambitious roadmap ahead. You play as the gunner on an AC-130 gunship, and apparently every variant of AC-130 from inception to present is available for play.

There is DLC in the pipeline for Vietnam, Iraq, and other theaters. Graphically, the game is pretty simple at present. You're looking through the. gunner's HUD with FLIR in either white hot or black hot.

The FLIR camera is controlled with your mouse at present, with keyboard shortcuts for weapon selection, ammo type, chaff, flares, and pylon alignment. You can lase targets as well, and have a variety of weapons from which you can choose. Controller support is coming.

I just took out a couple of single infantrymen with the 20mm Vulcan, bagged a group of infantry with a 105mm air burst round, took out a vehicle with an AGM-114 Hellfire, and destroyed a couple of buildings with Hellfires and 105mm HE rounds.

The game is a lot of fun when you just want to relax and sling some ordnance, and big new features will be coming via the frequent updates, including modeling of the full aircraft.

Even in its present Early Access state, I'd enthusiastically recommend it. Project Gunship is well worth the price, in my own opinion.

Check it out...

Project Gunship on Steam
Oubaas is offline   Reply With Quote