View Single Post
Old 02-13-23, 11:14 AM   #38
Threadfin
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 38
Uploads: 0

New reserve will drop on February 23, price will be 9.99.

Looking forward to it. I fired up Way of the Hunter last night having spent all of my recent play time with Call of the Wild. Right off the bat I spotted a five-star mulie in the river valley near Bear Den Ranch. Couldn't get a good shot as they were down in a thicket along the river, and I spooked them when I got within about 70 yards. They took off to the east, across the river and up the hill, disappearing in to the forest. Dammit.

I crossed the river and climbed the tower there, thinking, well maybe they'll return when the coast is clear. About 30 minutes later the herd came back down the hill and would pass right by my stand. The fiver-star was there with a massive rack, and I waited for the deer to spread out a bit, as my shot was masked behind a leading deer. The five-star bumped in to the one ahead and it made him veer a little to the right.

That was the shot I was looking for and I took it from about 150 yards. He ran off to the left and disappeared behind some spruce trees. I climbed down and went around those trees to harvest my buck. And he was gone. Blood spot said animal survived. Dammit.

It was late and I didn't have time to set off on a long track to verify if he survived. But man, this was a perfect set up and not sure how I failed to take him. When I return I'll follow it. You never know.

That's one neat difference between the two games. When you resume Way of the Hunter it is frozen in the same instant you left. Even if you go hunt the other reserve for a while.