View Single Post
Old 02-08-23, 08:41 AM   #7
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

The developer listens and has released a couple of small hotfixes, also unlocked all missions. More stuff coming.

This video illustates a couple of small detials and tips that nevertheless should be known, since they deal with things that are often used. I am surprised in Stema forums how many people obviously do not mind to read the manual, it is extensive both on gameplay, and editors.

I like the game very much, the mix of carboard cosim and miniature wargame is almost ingenous. It snot poerfect, but will apraoch that level over time, it has already been indicated that many things can change, can be added.

There was debate on to what degree this is Advanced Squad Leader. I say just two things on this.

First, ASL is a classic, it was very infuential and in its design did a lot of things very well, and also some things not so well: personally, I never got too warm with it and meanwhile have forgotten about it again, but thats taste. But it is no more the best of its type, many wargamers pointed out in those steam discussions. It should not be taken as the holy gospel of wargaming.

And second, Second front is not ASL, and ASL is not SF. Take SF as the standalone title that it is. It reminds of ASL, and obviously is influenced by it, is close to it - but it is not ASL, and thus it is not better or worse just depending on the level to which it copies ASL. Its two different games, and SF never claimed it wnated to be the PC-version of ASL.

Very good game. And nicely accessible.