View Single Post
Old 01-17-23, 11:09 PM   #5
ElCid97
Gunner

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 5

Small update tonight. Mainly because it's late and I need to get to bed.

Fixed the rank/promotion issue. Not sure what it was, but a fresh file from the FotRSU original fixed it. I just had to enter the changes I'd already done.

As of tonight:

1. Fixed auto-promotion issues. Crew now promotes to S1C, PO1, and LT. User manually promotes crew to PO3, CPO, and CWO.

2. Rewrote medal citation text for the player's awards so that it's more generic and therefore usable for all the medals, yet still retaining an air of authenticity within the limits of the sim's hard-coded rules.

- Still have to figure out how to change the justification of the text. It still has everything justified to the right side. If anyone knows how to make things "center-justify" that would be great. I think it may be with the "menu" file that jimimadrid's been reworking since the fonts and text are placed using that file, but not sure.

3. Changed the pop-up text of the qualifications so that they are now appropriate to the boat.

a. Says "Rate" instead of "Specialization" in the various menus where the qualification is displayed in text.
b. Posibilities when promoting crew are now Torpedoman Rate, Gunner's Rate, Firecontrolman / Signalman Rate, Motor Machinest Rate, Sonarman / Radarman Rate, and Quartermaster / Boatswain Rate.
c. These pop up when you hover over the qualifications in the info box, the picture box (if rated), and the promotion box when you're asked to promote and then "qualify" the crewman (as text).
d. I know the Motor Machinest rate didn't exist until early 1942, but for now I'm going to do the main mod for use in most of the War. Once done, I'll just do a small update that you can use pre-'42 (Dec'41 and S-Boats) which changes it to just plain Machinest instead.
e. Example: instead of "Specialization: Engines" it now says "Rate: Motor Machinest Rate"

4. Changed the message that pops up just before you get to the boat to commence a patrol from "No Mission Too Difficult ..." to the full 1st Infantry Division motto of, "No Mission Too Difficult; No Sacrifice Too Great; Duty First!" I recognized it right off the bat since it's the unit I was attached to when I served in Iraq in 2004.

I'll post more - to include some screenies - when I get the chance.

ElCid97
ElCid97 is offline   Reply With Quote