View Single Post
Old 12-16-22, 06:39 PM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

After one years of absence from it, I managed to get my G2 finally working in it, or better, it worked suddenly all by itself.

They plan release now most likely in Q2 2023. Featurewise it then should be the complete game, as I understand it. Nice illustrations in images of night, seasons, and weather effects.

I played it a lot the past two days, and truly enjoyed even this now outdated old version in the higher resolution of the G2 and with the new landscape and vegetation graphics. Its awesome, and the physics feel as convincing as ever.

Their Early Access planning however obviously is a total mess, I must say. They may think they had reasons to do it like this and to release it this early as they did, I disagree and call this the second worst Early Access project I have ever paid for, second to Wreckfest only. To me, Early Access releases have a time limit of one year, then they must deliver - or I call it a foul.

However, Wreckfest finally, after years, had turned into somethign extremely good, and I have no doubt its not different with Derail Valley. It already now is a gem of VR gaming, and has meanwhile been given a full 2D accessability, too.

People who are train-buffs and have an interest in trains, want to get a feel what itr really is like driving them and figbtiung with physics and elevations, under no circumstances want to miss this. This is as close to the real thing as it currently gets. There is no rivalling software to this title's topic: driving trains. There are other train agmes, i know. They do not even come close. They are button-pressers. They do not link you to the machine they simulate. Derail Valley does.

Last edited by Skybird; 12-16-22 at 06:54 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote